Sunday, October 19, 2014

House Count After Week Five of HHN

19 nights down, only 9 to go. And once again I have to say this years event just keeps getting better and better for me, and I keep having more and more fun over each passing night. The last three years by this point I was feeling worn down, ready for the end to get here, and start to enjoy things a little less. But this year has just been so much fun. First of all, I have to say the top 2 houses this year continue to amaze me more and more. Dollhouse of the Damned is solidly my second favorite house of all time, and Halloween has settled in at my number four best house of all time That means two houses from this years batch are in my top four all time. Also, From Dusk Till Dawn, while still my least favorite house this year, is really starting to grow on me. I have moved it out of my bottom five all time, which means no houses this year now reside in my bottom five all time. The Scare zones this year are a lot of fun to spend time in as well, espeically faceoff. Bill and Ted continues to be a blast and is officially my favorite my favorite Bill and Ted in my five years of attending. I got the opportunity to get my picture taken with "Elsa" from the frozen skit after one of the shows this weekend, and it was another memorable moment in a very memorable year.
Finally, all the great new people Ive met and spent time with has added even more to this great year. I have simply never had so much enthusiasm left for HHN after 19 nights. Its going to be harder than ever to let it go this year, but at least there still nine nights left to enjoy.

This weeks video comes from the Halloween house. This is a video of the projection video that plays on the facade right before you go into the house. Its the little touches and details like this that make HHN the best Halloween event in the country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DQuM7G8R4M

A couple other notes, this has been a weird year in terms of crowds. In past years, there would be nights where it was really slow and all houses had 45 minutes or less waits, and then crazy busy nights where every house had 120 waits or longer. When the traditionally slow nights such as opening night were much busier than usual this year,  many people panicked at how insane the crowds would get this year. But now we are in the peak point of the event, and shockingly there were hardly any 120 minute waits to be found. Last night, Saturday night, many houses topped off at 75 minutes. It looks like this year the crowds are a lot more spread around evenly rather than having slow nights and crazy nights. 


And now finally, the house counts:
Roanoke: 12
Dollhouse: 20
Halloween: 16
Giggles and Gore: 20
Dracula Untold: 13
Alien Vs Predator: 12
Walking Dead: 7
Dusk Till Dawn: 10

Bill and Ted: 12

Total Houses: 110



No comments:

Post a Comment