Thursday, July 3, 2014

Top 25 Rides Rankings: # 7-5

25. ET Adventure
24. Expedition Everest
23. Spaceship Earth
22. Soarin'
21. Radiators Springs Racers
20. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
19. Toy Story Mania
18. The Incredible Hulk Coaster
17. Peter Pans Flight
16. Men in Black Alien Attack
15. Rock N Roller Coaster
14. Manta
13. California Screamin'
12. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
11. Splash Mountain
10. Revenge of the Mummy
9. Pirates of the Carribean
8. Space Mountain


As someone who has been on over 100 of the worlds most incredible rides in some of the worlds best theme parks, to make my top 7, or really even my top 25, is really saying something special about that ride.


7. Sheikra: Busch Gardens does make its way onto my list, as the last true coaster on my list had to be Sheikra, a ride that gives an adrenaline boost like no other. The tallest ride in the state of Florida, Sheikra is a floorless dive coaster, with a 200 foot drop at a straight down 90 degree angle, followed by breathtaking inversions. Most dive coasters have the one big drop and then its done, but Sheikra gives two dive drops, as their is a second 130 foot 90 degree drop and then a finale splasdown in a pool of water. The first drop is the most intense ride moment Ive ever been on, and enough to propel this ride to number seven in my rankings.


6. Jurassic Park River Adventure: The number one water ride on this list. Previously on this countdown I said two rides stand out above the rest as being extra special at night. Thunder Mountain was the first, this one is the second. The first half of the ride, especially at night, provides stunning visuals of the dinosaurs with a lush tropical background. Then of course something goes wrong and you venture inside, where one of the most intense in terms of atmoshphere lift hills around. Then of course theres the massive Trex and the 85 foot drop. What really makes this ride tops for me though is the fact you stay relatively dry. As much as I love the other water rides at Islands of Adventure its impossible not to get soaked on them, so I rarely ever ride them. This one however you never get soaked, so I am able to ride at my hearts desire. Just missing out on my top five, but still an amazing ride.


5 Matterhorn Bobsleds: One of the very few remaining rides that were around for Disneylands opening day in 1955. This ride is not intense, does not have great special effects, nor amazing animatronics, but it is just plain fun. Weaving in and out of the mountains escaping the abominable snowman providing amazing views of fantasyland and tommorrowland. I fell in love with this ride on my trip to California last year and rode it more than any other ride their over my four days, a whopping nine times. A ride I desperately wish we had in Orlando.

No comments:

Post a Comment