Monday, October 14, 2013

Mid Season HHN Review

Well, Halloween Horror Nights 2013 is already halfway over. My opinions on a few things have changed. For one, I am now positive this is not the strongest house lineup of the 4 years I have attended HHN. That honor still belongs to 2011. This year is more top heavy than 2011, but 2011 had more depth. I have two minor changes in my rankings

Evil Dead and La Llorona switch places. Evil Dead is now number 4, La LLorona number 3
Afterlife and Havoc switch places. Afterlife is now number 6, Havoc now number 5

Now to my one major gripe with Halloween Horror Nights this year: the walking. This is not a new problem. Since all the HHN houses take place in the backstage warehouses rather than inside the actual park the walks to and from the houses are long, this is the way its been every year and the way it will always be. However this year its a bigger problem than prior years, and needlessly so. Cabin in the Woods, Resident Evil, Evil Dead, and American Werewolf all let out in the exact same spot, about a ten minute walk from the park. Four houses letting out in the same spot is stupid, and creates a huge cluster. But the thing that bothers me is CITW and RE could easily have been let out just a few short steps from the park, but they make you walk allllll the way around the rest of the backstage buildings creating a needlessly long walk.

Besides that though I'm enjoying this HHN season, much more so than last year. 19 more days until the final Bill and Ted of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment