Monday, May 28, 2012

Spongebob Storepants, Universal Trip 5/28/12

As it turns out, I got off work a bit early today and was able to make a quick express trip to Universal that lasted about an hour. The main order of business was to check out the Spongebob Storepants store, which opened on Saturday. This store is amazing, immersive, very nice. It includes life size images of Squidwards house, spongebobs house, and a character meet and greet built into the store. Without further ado, here are some pics.  Beginning with the entrance.
Throughout the store there are digital pictures letting you know what part of the store your in. The pictures would occasionally animate and "come to life" which I got a couple pics of. All the digital portraits are featured below.






The merchandise in the store is basically an overload of spongebob. You will feel surrounded by it, because you are.




Some more little nuances





Life size spongebob house. Yes you can walk inside
Life size squidward house. No you can not walk inside
They have cast anchor in Orlando
Finally some posters that are displayed on the outside of the store




Overall this is an incredible addition to Universal. It hasnt gotten the press because its just a gift shop but this adds a whole nother dimension to the park and should not be missed. After checking out the store I moved onto the Mummy for a quick ride. Because tourists dont have the largest brains the single rider line was longer than the stand by line, so I moved over to the stand by line at the front and walked right on.
Unless the stand by line is at least 30 minutes, I wouldnt even think of using the single riders line. Plus it angers people like me who usually go alone, when big families crowd the singles line when the stand by line is pretty short. After this I saw the 4:30 horror make up show, which I did not see last time when I snapped pictures of the display. Here is the set up of the stage for the show.
The show runs at a fairly long 25 minutes, but there seems to be so much unmined territory, I think it could easily be an hour. Its a great show, if you decide to see one show on your trip, this is my suggestion. After this I left for the day, and was out of the park by 5. Still have a trip planned for IOA tomorrow morning, so see you sometime tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment