Saturday, April 2, 2016

Top 100 Songs of All time #100-96

When I first decided I was going to try to take on the task of finding my top 100 favorite songs of all time I knew it would be an incredibly daunting task. After all I have over 2,000 songs on my ipod, so figuring out the 100 that would make the best of the best would not be easy. I started by narrowing down songs that I would consider and came back with 292, narrowed it down even more and was left with 117, and pushing out 17 more songs was brutally hard but I finally whittled it down to 100. The results are a great mix of songs from the 60s all the way to today, some punk rock, some classic rock, some pop, some ballads, and some songs I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit I enjoy but put them in anyway. Over the next several weeks the top 100 will be slowly unveiled, starting with the first five today. After much labor, here it is, my top 100 favorite songs of all time.

100. I'd Do Anything-Simple Plan: The first of three songs from Simple Plan on the top 100, and a fun way to start the list. This is was the first song on the first album from Simple Plan and served as a perfect introduction for them as a band, three minutes of fun pop punk rock.

99. Trouble-American Authors: The American Authors come in at number ninety nine with their one and only song on this list.

98. This is How We Roll-Florida Georgia Line: The only song from Florida Georgia Line and the only country song on this list, I had to include at least one. As far as country goes, this one does a great job infusing some pop to appeal to a broader audience, and is a great summer song.

97. I Saw Her Standing There-The Beatles: What many people consider to be the greatest band of all time will make three appearances on this list with this being the first.

96. Sugar-Maroon 5:A fun little song, Maroon 5 also makes its first of three appearances on this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment