Sunday, September 21, 2014

House count After Week 1 of HHN

Two nights of HHN are in the books. I still have not gone through all 8 houses, I still have two that I have yet to experience, so a review will have to wait until next week but I do have a couple of observations.

The amount of houses per year had slowly increased over the years, from 5 in 2002 to 8 in 2007. Since 2007 though, the house count has remained at 8 every year. Its time for Universal to recognize the event has oficially outgrown 8 houses, and a 9th is necessary, maybe even a 10th. Opening weekend, traditionally a non busy weekend, was insane. Every house hit an hour, and many hit 90 minutes. I remember opening weekend in 2011 where many houses were 10 or less all night. The event continues to get more and more popular and Universal needs to adjust.

Bill and Ted this year is the best since I started going. Half the show is basically spent ripping on Disney, and boy do they deserve it with the year they had. The Frozen parody is comedy gold. Aside from the actors who play Bill and Ted, the most popular actor who is in the show every year is an obese woman, I dont know her name so thats all I can identify her as. Two years ago, her parody of Honey boo boo was spot on, and last year she was hilarious as Paula Deen. This year, she gets  to play Elsa, and hilariously parodies "let it go" into "I let myself go." I, and most of the audience, just lost it.

Now onto the house count. Thank God for my express pass or my house count would be nonexistant.

Roanoke: 0
Dollhouse of the Damned: 2
Halloween: 1
Giggles and Gore: 2
Dracula Untold: 1
Alien Vs Predator: 0
Walking Dead: 1
From Dusk Till Dawn: 1
Bill and Ted: 2

Total Houses: 8

Now the wait till Thursday begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment