Sunday, August 17, 2014

Ranking Candy Bars

Over the past few months I have taken on the task of trying almost every one of Americas most popular Candy Bars. Now that I have finally tried all of the ones I am interested in, I have decided to come here and rank them from top to bottom. Some of these are ones I had never tried before this endeavor, some are ones that I have loved since a kid, and some are ones that I thought I hated and therefore had shunned for years, only to discover they were absolutely delicious. These are strictly chocolate bars, so no skittles, mike and ikes etc, and I also left out Reeses Pieces because I dont think they count as a candy bar either. Here we go

20. Hersheys Bar: There is nothing bad about a plain old Hersheys bar, but there is nothing all that good either. It is pretty much just plain milk chocolate and nothing else, and if I wanted just plain milk chocolate I would go for dove instead of Hersheys, because this bar has a certain waxy texture. Not a bar I really plan on getting again.

19. Crunch Bar: This is a candy bar I throughly enjoyed as a kid, but just couldnt get into this time around. The crunchy filling was just weird to me with a weird texture.

18. Mini Reese's: I swear Mini Reese's taste way different than regular reese's. The chocolate far outweighs the peanut butter and it is just nasty.

17. Butterfinger: I don't get this one. If I did this countdown six months ago, Butterfinger would have ranked in the top 5, it was one of the candy bars I routinely ate, but I guess I overdid because all of a sudden I had one and was absolutely disgusted, to the point where I would gag whenever I would even think about eating a Butterfinger. I went from loving to hating this bar overnight, fickle tastebuds.

16. PB Twix: This twix bar replaces caramel with peanut butter and replaces the normal white biscuit with chocolate cookie.I found the peanut butter to be too dry and the chocolate cookie to taste kind of gross. I didnt even finish this one.
15. Reese's Nutrageous: On paper I thought this would be a snickers bar with reeses Peanut butter, but in reality there was wayyyyy to many peanuts in this.
14. Reese's Fast Break: This is basically a Milky way bar with Reese's Peanut Butter instead of Caramel. Unfortunately, like with Mini Reeses, the chocolate taste dominates over the peanut butter and nougat.
13. Butterfinger Cups: Reese's peanut butter cups with butterfinger filling instead of Peanut Butter. The filling in this is much smoother and less crunchy and much less potent than a regular butterfinger, so I still somewhat enjoy this one, but not enough to buy it regularly.
12. Reese's Sticks: This is basically a kit kat bar with Reeses Peanut Buter sandwiched inside. it tastes pretty good, but the peanut butter taste was too weak.
11. Butterfinger Crisp: Same as the Reese's Sticks, but with butterfinger filling instead of the Peanut Butter. Not bad, but nothing special.

10. Milky Way Caramel: This is nothing more than caramel wrapped in chocolate. So simple and straightforward, but so good.
9. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups: One of the all time classics, but it failed to fully resonate with me. It was very good, but again I was left wanting for more peanut butter and less chocolate.

8. Snickers PB: A snickers bar with peanut butter, really good, but the peanut butter flavor wasnt all that strong so it just missed the top echelon
7. White Kit Kat: Kit Kats with white chocolate instead of Milk Chocolate. Delicious and creamy.

Now that we have reached the top 6, these are the ones that I absolutely fell in love with, and would repeat but in a heeartbeat. Numbers 6-3 are all 9.9 out of 10s and were extremely tough to rank but I did my best, but there is very little that separates them. The top two were clear to me, both perfect 10 out of 10s, and it was hard to pick one to be number one, so they are basically 1A and 1B.

6. White Reese's: The sweetness of white chocolate blends in so perfectly with the peanut butter, creating a creamy, delicious treat.
5. Kit Kat: Another one of the all time classics. Everyone knows it, and everyone loves it.

4. Twix: The classic Twix bar with the cookie crumble. Pretty simple, yet rediculously delicious.

3. Milky Way: This was a Candy Bar I was hesitant to try. I hadn't had one in at least 10 years because I always considered them kind of gross, I dont know why but they just werent on my radar. These are basically Snickers Bars with Peanuts. No peanuts takes away the crunch and makes them so perfectly chewy and smooth. the Caramel, nougat and chocolate all blend together in your mouth creating something perfect.
2. Reese's Big Cups: My gripe with pretty much every other Reese's product on this list is not enough peanut butter, too much chocolate. Well big cups do away with that completely, as this is complete peanut butter overload, and it is nothing short of perfect. I am absolutely addicted to these, and indulge in one about once a week. Just look at all the peanut butter inside one of these babies, its incredible.
1. Snickers: The perfect candy Bar. Crunchy peanuts, gooey caramel, smooth, creamy nougat, and a simple milk chocolate not too overpowering, but effective enough. Perfection.









No comments:

Post a Comment