Thursday, May 24, 2012

Universal Update 5/24/12 Makeup show exhibit, Minions, odds and ends

My sole purpose for making the trek to Universal tonight was to snap some pics of the Horror Make up Show preshow exhibit. I got into the park around 6:30 and it was pretty busy as evidenced on New york street.
Its hard to tell by the pic, but there was a lot of people. I moved around to the Universal store, where the influx of Minion Merchandise continues to grow larger by the day.

Universal is on a total minion binge as of lately. They are acting as if it is the next great thing in movies, when in reality it wasnt anything spectacular. The only franchise with more merchandise in the parks than despicable me is Harry Potter right now. Anyway, theres a few new merch carts rolling around selling superstar parade stuff. This includes hop, despicable me, dora and diego and spongebob. All this merchandise has been sold in the parks for awhile, but now its lumped together on one cart as superstar parade merch.
These 100th anniversary signs also appear throughout Universal.
Hollywood street was pretty busy

This sign poster has switched from the Lorax to Snow white and the Huntsmen
Finally onto the Horror Makeup show exhibit. The exhibit is spectacular, dare I say even better than the show itself, and thats saying a lot, because the show is pretty darn good. And thats saying a lot coming from me, because I am usually not a fan of theme park shows. Anyway here are some pics of the exhibit, creepy music plays in the building while your looking for a nice touch.


 There was some great Halloween Horror Nights stuff here, which is absolutely amazing for a HHN addict like me.

 Jack The Clown
 My favorite HHN character ever, the Caretaker














 Everything in the exhibit is amazing to look at. Theres just one problem...
Is the Grinch a horror movie?

No I dont think so, why is there an exhibit for it here? I really love this Exhibit, its one of my favorite parts of Universal, and you have to see it if you havent already. On my way out I caught a few picks of Minion Mayhem which is basically complete.


I walked into Shrek before I left because I wanted to rest my feet before I began my trek home, and there was no wait. So I snapped a pic of the Ye olde gift shop sign just for the heck of it.
On my way out I noticed the Mummy had gone down, probably because of technical issues.


 Finally, I caught an amazing nugget right before I was about to duck out. Three Cast members, in Minion Mayhem garb were walking backstage. This means that ride ops for the ride have started to report, and that their training has likely begun, meaning we are getting incredibly close to soft opens. Hopefully within a week. I tried to get a pic of the Uniforms but had to be quick so it didnt turn out so good.
You can make out that they are wearing lab coats, with a big G on the back for Gru, also boots, and red and yellow pants in pajama pants like flannel material. So by seeing this I discovered A. The outfitts for the cast member operating the ride and B. We are getting so very close to it opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment